Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Venus Wars and an upcoming Con

So San Japan is just around the corner. I purchased a  Saturday Pass and have to admit I'm a little excited. The down side is, none of this was available to me when I was a kid. I mean a young young kid. There was the occasional MD Geist or other anime at the local Blockbuster, but other than that things were pretty scarce. A few years later after highschool, I think, I discovered Dragon Ball Z. Boy what a mind blow that was. I read comics here and there and played video games, but heroic battles for the fate of the world fought by super powered beings, man this was nuts. The TV Shows of old were no longer around, Transformers, Visionaries, Inhumanoids, Exo-Squad, Centurions, even G.I. Joe hadn't been around in a while. But this, this kind of cartoon i'd never really seen. Now Anime seems like its everywhere, almost mainstream. Now with the internet where it is and local conventions gaining momentum, I can do something simple like buy a ticket to a weekend event dedicated to all things Japanese, their words not mine. So to get myself  into the spirit of things I finished watching season 1 of Super-Sonico and now am watching Venus Wars.



I have somewhat high hopes for San Japan. I won't be too interested in autographs, but I hope to find a variety of anime, manga, models and anything else of the genre available. I hope to find anime mainly, but manga will be fine. Some of the panels seem like they would be fun to attend as well. Oh and of course music, There will be plenty of j-pop and other anime style music available. Even a vinyl exhibit, to showcase what was listen to in the old day. I hope to take a lot of pictures, even if they are just on my phone which doesn't do a bad job.


No comments:

Post a Comment